1. The Rt. Hon. President Bidya Devi Bhandari held an official meeting with His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai at Jabel Palace, Dubai, today. The Meeting was held in cordial and friendly atmosphere.
2. The Rt. Hon. President appreciated the visionary leadership of His Highness under whose policies the UAE has achieved phenomenal progress in trade, tourism and technological advancement. The Rt. Hon. President also expressed that Nepal would participate in the Dubai Expo 2020 and wished for its success.
3. The two sides also discussed about the investment in Nepal. The Rt. Hon. President invited investment in infra structure development, hydropower, modernization and commercialization of agricultural sectors in Nepal.
4. His Highness Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai said that the Government of UAE will send a team of experts to Nepal to study the possible areas of cooperation and investment.
5. The two sides shared the views that the Nepali migrant workers in the UAE have contributed in the development of UAE and Nepal. The Vice President and Prime Minister praised the honesty, hard working and sincere nature of Nepali workers and added that because of these qualities Nepalis have earned the respects in the UAE.
6. The Rt. Hon. President extended a cordial invitation to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum to visit Nepal at the latter’s convenience.
7. Later in the evening, the Rt. Hon. President attended a reception hosted by the Charge D Affairs of Embassy of Nepal in Abu Dhabi and addressed the Nepali community members.
8. Hon. Minister for Commerce Mr. Jayant Chanda also spoke in the occasion.
9. Upon successfully completing her official visit to the United Arab Emirates, the Rt. Hon. President and the accompanying delegates are returning to Kathmandu tomorrow.
Embassy of Nepal
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
15 November 2017